Online marketing is an effective way to grow your business and make a success of your website. Although it is adviseable to employ an online marketing agency, knowing the basics of online marketing is highly beneficial to your business.
SEO, or search engine optimization, is an effective way to boost your website’s rankings in Google and other search engines. SEO consultants concentrate their research on what people are looking for when they search online. This information is used to form an online marketing strategy, which aims to draw more traffic to your website and improve your sales figures.
This is done in the following ways:
This is achieved through the following areas of online marketing:
SEO’s will research what your customers are looking for when they search and use this to decide the best way to optimize your website.
This works together to produce a quality website that focuses onuser intent and remains relevant and credible.
* Link Building: Getting other websites to link to yours is a key part of an online marketing strategy. Search engines see linking as a ‘trust factor’; so the more sites that are linking to you, the more reliable and credible your content is. This will make a website rank higher in the search engines which in turn will mean additional exposure, more visitors and increased revenue.
Social Media Marketing
In online marketing, businesses use social mediato interact with customers and prospective customers and promotetheirservices.
* Social Networking Sites -An online marketing agency will help you choose the most effective social networking sites for your business. These may include Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn and Flickr – but may also include more niche sites, blogs and forums.
* Blogs – Blogging is a very powerful marketing tool. It is a chance to comment onindustry news, achievements and general self promotion. Blogging can often lead to a high conversion rate, but it is also a way of building a brand identity and personality for your business.
Search Engine Marketing
PPC, or pay-per-click, is the use of online marketing campaigns, where advertisers pay only when the advert is clicked. It allows a website to be seen in the rankings for specifickeywords and enables you to track the success of the ads.
* Content: The adverts are written using the keyword words and phrases found from the keyword research. This increases the relevance and encourages users to go to your site.
* PPC providers includeGoogle AdWords, Microsoft adCenter , Yahoo! Search Marketing
Making a few small changes to your online marketing strategy could mark a considerable improvement to your internet rankings.
For more information on your online marketing, call I-COM on 08447046830. Visit I-COM online at www.i-com.net to find the best advice on online marketing#2.