Microsoft has teamed with a consortium of banks to help develop new methods for using the blockchain — the technology that underpins Bitcoin — to support financial transactions.
R3 CEV, which is developing blockchain-based applications for a consortium of more than 40 banks, will have access to Microsoft’s Azure cloud offerings as part of a strategic partnership between the two companies. Banks in the consortium with the New York-based R3 include Bank of America, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and UBS.
- Microsoft and HP reveal more details about cloud partnership
- Microsoft to Offer New Database Consolidation Appliance, Enhances Cloud Services
- At Build, Microsoft tried a different way to mobile developers’ hearts
- Why Microsoft wants to help developers build bots
- Microsoft, Google make their pitches to unseat Amazon in the cloud